Roof Care Tips
These simple roof care tips will help you prolong the life of your roof and help you keep potential hazards from turning into major expenses.
- - Make sure there are no tree limbs touching your roof, keep it free of leaves, pine needles, and other debris, and regularly trim tree branches that are close to the roof.
- - Clean gutters regularly or use gutter guards.
- - Regularly inspect roof installations like dryer vents, air conditioning units or antennas to ensure that the roof seal is properly maintained.
- - Having your roof professionally cleaned with an algaecide like the EPA-approved Roof-A-Cide® whenever moss, mildew, and algae are present will significantly extend the life of your roof, but be sure you’re dealing with someone who knows what they’re doing, like Florida Southern Roofing or you could end up with significant damage to the roofing material.
- - If your roof is more than 15 years old, you should have it professionally inspected annually for any potential dangers or problems.
Our 17-point Roof Inspection will leave you with a written report on the condition of your roof as well as pictures of any problem areas we find and a written estimate for the suggested repairs. And, when it comes to maintenance, Florida Southern Roofing will customize a maintenance plan that ensures the longevity of your roof and helps you catch small problems before they lead to costly repairs.
Call 941-954-8811 if you’re due for a roof inspection or you want to discuss a maintenance plan that will extend the life of your roof.