Florida Southern Roofing Blog
These simple roof care tips will help you prolong the life of your roof and help you keep potential hazards from turning into major expenses.
- - Make sure there are no tree limbs touching your roof, keep it free of leaves, pine needles, and other debris, and regularly trim tree branches that are close to the roof.
- - Clean gutters regularly or use gutter guards.
- - Regularly inspect roof installations like dryer vents, air conditioning units or antennas to ensure that the roof seal is properly maintained.
- - Having your roof professionally cleaned with an algaecide like the EPA-approved Roof-A-Cide® whenever moss, mildew, and algae are present will significantly extend the life of your roof, but be sure you’re dealing with someone who knows what they’re doing, like Florida Southern Roofing or you could end up with significant damage to the roofing material.
- - If your roof is more than 15 years old, you should have it professionally inspected annually for any potential dangers or problems.
Our 17-point Roof Inspection will leave you with a written report on the condition of your roof as well as pictures of any problem areas we find and a written estimate for the suggested repairs. And, when it comes to maintenance, Florida Southern Roofing will customize a maintenance plan that ensures the longevity of your roof and helps you catch small problems before they lead to costly repairs.
Call 941-954-8811 if you’re due for a roof inspection or you want to discuss a maintenance plan that will extend the life of your roof.
It’s great when you have someone to rely on! Since Florida Southern has served the Suncoast for 3 generations, folks consider us their go-to guys. From minor repairs to a whole new roof, the Roof Patrol stands ready. You’ve got friends and neighbors in the roofing business!
Your roof is your building’s first line of defense against many natural hazards, but it’s also one of the most vulnerable elements.
To keep your roof from failing when put to the test by severe weather, it should be periodically inspected and repaired or replaced when necessary.
Repairing or replacing a roof can be a daunting task. Choosing a dependable roof contractor with a track record of ethical business practices and quality work will make the job less stressful, but how do you choose the right company?
This checklist will help you make an informed decision:
• It’s really tempting to go with the lowest bidder, but a subpar job will cost you a lot more money and frustration in the long run. Make sure you look at factors other than price.
• Make sure the contractor you hire has experience with jobs that are similar to yours.
• Look at projects they’ve completed in the recent past and get references so you can verify that the owners of those structures were satisfied with the contractor’s work.
• Ask to see the company’s certificates of insurance and make sure their liability and workers’ compensation insurance are current.
• Ask about available material warranties from the different manufacturers and installation warranties from the contractor.
• Choose a contractor that’s been around for a while. Experience and reputation matter.
• Make sure the contractor has an emergency plan that includes securing or removing any loose materials if faced with the threat of severe weather during the installation period.
• If you have a Board of Directors and/or a Management Company, have them meet in person to review the proposal and meet with the contractor.
• Narrow your search by looking only at contractors from your area.
Good contractors are busy. If someone has to travel a great distance for a job, they’re probably not the most in-demand or reputable contractor. Local contractors are there when you need them, they know the local permitting requirements, and they have a stake in the wellbeing of your community.
Ricky Hall has been exceptional in helping me get my problem resolved. There is not enough space to post here about how grateful I am for all the help Ricky has provided. I have more work to be done and I will call FL Southern Roofing.
- Ladonna H
The crew was professional and efficient. They arrived on time, completed the job on schedule, and cleaned up the work site after completion. Highly recommend. Thank you, Mrs. K.J.M.
They responded quickly to every email and call from me, before and after the roof work; were very clear about pricing; and followed through on every detail. Most important, Florida Southern fixed and guaranteed my complicated, 1926 leaking roof! My experience was very positive.
- Susan H
The repair crew was very professional, knowledgeable, and completed the work on schedule. The service from this company, both field and office, is top notch and I would highly recommend them for your roof repairs.
- Barry N
Honest and fair with all roof deck repairs. Thank You to the metal crew and John for a GREAT job and a special thank you to Mike Clark who went above and beyond to make this a wonderful experience.
- Frank and Carole R
We are extremely satisfied with the work that Dustin and his team did at Tropical Beach Resorts. Everyone was professional and worked diligently. They finished the job in half the time that we had expected. That's a big deal for us because the faster the job gets done the faster we can open up the rooms to guests.
- Andrew R.
Very pleased! Good attention to detail. Will definitely recommended your company.
Outstanding from start to finish. They even helped me to get my veterans discount based on the materials I selected. Very prompt, polite and held to the schedule they committed to. Would highly recommend.
Excellent work and good service. Thanks for your efforts. We need you to return and meet with Sergey Danilovets our renovation contractor as we need your help sealing a roof leak At the joint between the house and the lanai roof. Please call us at 203-904-3765.
Over all I had an excellent experience with my roof. There was an issue with the clean up of the job. But this was resolved quickly and professionaly, For me. I love my roof, it looks great! I would ceretainly recommend your Company to my friends and colleges. Thanks for a job well done.
This is the second time I have used them to reroof my house. It was done in a very timely and efficient manner. I would recommend this company to anyone.
We must say that the work was completed in an excellent and professional manner. We highly recommend Florida Southern Roofing to anyone who needs a new roof or other roofing repairs.
- Irving W
I was impressed with every aspect of consultation. I have never experienced a more professional and reliable company to deal with. As a disabled veteran, I wholeheartedly recommend Florida Southern Roofing to anyone considering roofing work. Ooohrah!
- Chris J
They were very responsive to our concerns and needs, and acted very professionally to satisfy them. We would gladly refer FSR to our friends, neighbors or anyone else looking for a new roof.
- John T